Breaking News

Reflecting On Engr Jamiu Ogundele's Journey Of Life


........Diary of his journey so far

By Agboola Kunle Opeyemi 


Episode 2

As I reflect on Engr. Ogundele Jamiu journey as a people leader over the past decades, there are valuable insights I’ve gained along the way — wisdom I wish I had possessed when I first stepped into a leadership role.

1. It’s All About the People: When I began my leadership journey, I focused primarily on tasks and goals. However, I soon realized that the heart of leadership lies in building relationships, inspiring individuals, and supporting their growth. Your success as a leader hinges on the success and well-being of your team members. 

Engr. Jamiu Invest time in understanding people aspirations, challenges, and strengths.

2. Embrace Humility: Leadership is not about having all the answers; it’s about being open to learning and growth. 

Acknowledge that you don’t know everything and be humble enough to seek input from your team. 
Embrace diverse perspectives and encourage open dialogue. 

Remember, your role is not to be the smartest person in the room, but to bring out the best in your team and harness their collective wisdom.

3.Communication Is Key: Effective communication is the lifeblood of successful leadership. Be clear, transparent, and concise in your messaging. Foster a culture of open communication, where team members feel comfortable sharing their ideas, concerns, and feedback. Remember that communication is a two-way street, and effective leaders know how to convey their vision while also valuing and incorporating the insights of their team.

4.Lead by Example: As a leader, your actions speak louder than words. Your behavior and work ethic set the tone for your team. Be a role model by demonstrating integrity, accountability, and resilience.

Celebrating a phenomenal leader birthday Engr Ogundele Jamiu in advance.

I love you sir.

No comments